Saturday 8 June 2013

Finger puppets and rattles

Hello there!
Well it's been a long time, again. Almost a month since my last post, naughty me.
The thing is, I've been so very, very busy. I've been busy at home, busy at work, and... busy crocheting!
Would you like to see what I've been making?
Here you are then.


Yes, finger puppets!  They're so much fun to make. Quick and easy :)  I've written up the pattern for the bear, just need to transfer it to the right computer. They're all crocheted with sportsweight yarn and a 3mm hook though you could go down to 2.5 mm. 


I've made another teddy rattle. This one's ecru and navy and has already gone to a new home!


And a ducky rattle! I followed the same pattern as the teddy rattle, adding wings and a beak. 
Here's the pattern for the wings:

Rnd 1: 6sc in a magic circle (see the teddy rattle pattern for details of the magic circle)
Rnd 2: 1 sc in next st, 2 sc in next st, around (9 sc)
Rnd 3: 1 sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st, around (12 sc)
Rnd 4: 1 sc in next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st, around (15 sc)
Rnd 5-6: sc around (15 sc)
Rnd 7: 1 sc in next 3 sts, sc2tog, around (12 sc)
Rnd 8-9: sc around (12 sc)
Rnd 10: 1sc in next st, sc2tog, around (9 sc)
Fasten off.

And the beak:

Rnd 1: 6sc in a magic circle
Rnd 2: *[1sc in next 2 st, 2sc in next st] repeat from * (8 sc)
Rnd 3-4: sc around
You can add a further rnd of you want a longer beak.
Fasten off, leaving a long end for sewing.

I hope you enjoy my patterns. I would love to see your creations, please send me a link or share them on the facebook page

2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog. Will need to follow it as I would love the patterns for your finger puppets. I have your froggy finger puppet pattern & would like to make a few puppets for my grand-daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. En resmi deneyim için official adresine uğrayın.

    ReplyDelete